Only You can Fulfill A Child's Dream
Nearly 35 million children in India require care and protection, and all of them deserve a safe and secure place to call home and a second chance at a better life. Many of these children either have no families or cannot safely be sent back to them, due to sheer poverty, domestic violence, or a history of sexual abuse in the family. Some of them are street children who have been abandoned or child laborers who are compelled to work to support their families or are victims of bonded labor. Trafficking for commercial sexual exploitation is another major reason for children being separated from their families. A few of them are differently-abled or are Juvenile in conflict with the law. Due to their adverse circumstances, many of these children engage in substance abuse and need to be rehabilitated.
Hope Kolkata Foundation (HKF) was established in February 1999 for the protection and development of children on the street and in difficult circumstances. HOPE works for the all-round development of children by providing Shelter, Nutrition, Education, Healthcare, Counselling, Awareness Generation, Life Skill Training, and Recreational Activities.
Vision: A World where it should never hurt to be a child.
Mission: Providing Holistic care and development of underprivileged, marginalized children and people; protecting their human rights and ensuring their basic rights to education and health.
Over the last two decades, HKF has been able to reach out and help over 55,000 children and 1 million people. Success stories have proved that our care has helped countless boys and girls out of poverty who are now working and leading independent and satisfying lives.
Hope Kolkata Foundation aims to ensure a dignified future for all the children under its care and guardianship. Due to the Covid-19 pandemic and the unprecedented slowdown in the economy, we are facing an acute fund crunch and need a helping hand. Your contributions will help us support these children and change their destinies. Remember every contribution counts.
Salient features of our Child Protection Units
- An ideal ratio of caregivers to children
- Health & hygiene is maintained as per international standards
- Regular counseling is available to children under our care and guardianship
- Schooling is compulsory for every child
- The children are encouraged to excel despite their odds, and although the emphasis is on academic achievements; the children are encouraged to participate in extra-curricular activities.
- The monitoring in our Child Protection Units is meticulous with a stringent child protection policy in place.
- We maintain closely-knit ties with the families of children with restoration being the main objective and also offer extended support to improve the family’s socio-economic status.
- Doctors from Hope Hospital, (which is our sister concern) conduct regular medical check-ups.
- Three of our shelter homes has permanent JJ licenses while the others have provisional JJ licenses.